As an OPay agent, you have the chance to establish a “mini-bank” in your neighborhood. Today, POS is one of the business people engage in that gives money on a daily basis. Opay has grown to be among the most popular payment processors for both consumers and businesses.
Obtaining an Opay POS device is a fairly easy process for your company, you must take a few crucial steps. This article serves as a guide on how you, an Opay agent, can obtain or apply for a POS (Point of Sales) terminal in Nigeria for use with withdrawals, transfers, deposits, and other financial transactions. As a result, you can increase your income as an agent in your community.
This guide will explain How to obtain an OPay POS machine
How much it costs
What Opay POS Charges you must pay if you want to operate a POS business in Nigeria.
Opay POS Machine
Just by using a Point-of-sale (POS) device, an OPay agent can help people deposit money, make withdrawals, pay bills, and do local funds transfers.
The CBN has granted Opay, also known as Paycom, a license to operate as a mobile money service. When you sign up to be an OPay merchant, Opay offers free POS as well as low fees on all transactions, which will help you make money by assisting others with financial transactions in exchange for a fee.
Why Choose OPay POS Machine In Nigeria
- It is more functional, durable, and portable than a typical POS.
- You can use mobile banking services to check out, withdraw, deposit, top-up airtime or data, pay bills, and perform other transactions.
- Your transactions are settled immediately.
- Enjoy lower fees (as low as 0.5%) per transaction.
What OPay POS Can Do
- Withdraw money.
- Money exchange.
- Immediate payment.
- Check the balances on your accounts.
- Utility bill payments like electricity, and Nepa bills.
How To Sign In To OPay Agent.
You only need to move from KYC level 1 to level 2 if you already use the OPay app and want to become an agent. You must do this by providing your BVN, gender identity, birthdate, and state of residence.
To transition via the app from an OPay user to an agent:
- Get the OPay app open.
- Just below where your name appears on the app, tap on Account and then tap on your current KYC level.
- Select Upgrade to Agent.
- You will advance to the KYC2 level and then become an OPay agent.
You can use these steps if you are reapplying to be an OPay agent.
- Click “Merchants” in the website title bar when you are on the OPay website.
- To register as a regular online agent to get the POS device, click “Create a POS Merchant Account.”
- Complete the application forms for both types of applications.
- You can also get the OPay app by visiting Google Play. then adhere to the directions to create your account.
- Send an email to email@example.com after creating your account to request an OPay merchant registration form.
How Are Opay Agents Paid?
By levying a commission on each transaction completed via their platform, Opay agents generate revenue. This commission fee varies according to the kind of service your customer use and the amount of money being exchanged.
As a retailer, you have access to a number of beneficial resources that can boost the effectiveness and profitability of your company. Applying for an Opay POS machine is a straightforward process. You must have internet access in order to visit the website and submit all the required paperwork there.
Requirement For An OPay POS Machine.
- A bank’s verification code (BVN).
- As proof of your address, provide a utility bill or another document that is dated no more than three months before merchant registration.
- A replica of your international passport, driver’s license, or national ID card.
- One passport picture.
How To Obtain On OPay POS Device.
You must move to level 3 when applying for a POS device even though you previously upgraded to KYC level 2. Take these steps:
- You must have an OPay Account. If you don’t have one, getting one is simple.
- Download OPay from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Then, simply adhere to the directions to register your Opay account.
- After creating your Opay account, fill out this form or send a request for an OPay merchant registration form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather the necessary documentation to finish your Opay POS Merchant registration. A bank’s verification code is yours (BVN), a utility bill or other statement that was issued no more than three months before merchant registration.
- A copy of your national ID card, driver’s license, or international passport along with a passport photo as evidence of your address.
Is Opay POS Machine Free
Being an Opay agent and purchasing an Opay POS device may be the best option for you if you are looking for a way to earn money while offering financial services to your community. I will describe where to buy an Opay POS machine, how much it costs, and the fees that come with it in Nigeria in this guide.
Application for the OPay POS terminal is free. However, you have to keep in your OPay Wallet a minimum of 20,000 in caution fees. The caution fee will be deducted from your wallet once your POS request is approved, and you as the agent will only receive a refund when the POS terminal is returned to the business.
Price Of Opay POS Machine In Nigeria
The final price is affected by the machine’s age, condition, and specific features and capabilities. In Nigeria, Opay POS machines typically cost somewhere around:
Smart (Android) POS 60,000.
POS conventional: 45,000.
POS Mini: 10,000.
Opay Pos Contact Information
For more inquiries, you can reach Opay customer service by phone at +23418888329 or by email at email@example.com.
Do you require assistance right away with your OPay POS device? You can chat with OPay customer service at +234 (01) 8888329. Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way is the address for OPay. Lagos, Nigeria’s Ikeja
In conclusion, applying for OPay POS is very simple if you have the necessary documentation. It is one of the best ways to increase your income because of the excellent commission that all of their agents receive for daily and monthly transactions.
You can learn how to get a POS from other platforms by reading our guides here on How To Request For Opay POS Machine online to become one of their agent in Nigeria or contact opay customer care for more information.